Not all LDC business revolves around insurance matters. But it does involve making sound financial and business decisions. That's why The MEARIE Group has distinguished itself from the commercial market by offering a comprehensive platform of financial and business management programs directly to our members. Each of our programs generates results and/or opportunities for growth within the electricity sector.
Pooled Financial Services
In 2002, our Pooled Financing Service enabled our members to efficiently access the capital market where we facilitated the issuance of $175 million in bonds for five LDCs. This was an industry first.
LDC Tomorrow Fund
The purpose of the LDC Tomorrow Fund is to fund research projects and finance energy innovation and opportunities for the benefit of Local Distribution Companies (LDCs) in the competitive marketplace of Ontario.
Who Can Apply for Funding?
Funding is available to Local Electricity Distribution Companies (LDCs), government agencies, academic institutions, and others who work in the electricity industry who qualify and whose initiatives meet certain screening criteria.
Read more about applying and updates on funded projects in the latest issue of the LDC Tomorrow Fund Newsletter.
Who Administers the Fund?
The MEARIE Group is the contract Fund Manager assisting the LDC Tomorrow Fund Trustees in administrative activities. Decisions or approval for funding are made by the Trustees.
What are the Screening Criteria?
The criteria to evaluate proposed projects to be considered for funding are:
- Applications must be related to the development of commercial opportunities within the electricity market of Ontario.
- Projects are expected to be significantly beneficial to the majority of LDCs in Ontario over the short and mid-conditions in the new competitive market.
- Projects must represent advancement of technology, procedures, knowledge, and experience.
- Recipients of funding must be prepared to share results and make presentations on the results of the project.
How to Apply for Funding
A Project Plan, including the following information must be submitted in order for a project to be considered for funding:
- Applicant Name
- Location(s) of Applicant
- Funding Request
- Disbursement Timing
- Project Description
- Identification of innovative potential
- Financial and other contributions by the applicant
- Parties Involved
- Project Benefits to LDCs
- Transferability of Results
- Budget for the Project
- Other Sources of Funds
- Identification of Commercial Opportunities
Learn more about the LDC Tomorrow Fund
(Adobe PDF File)
For LDC Tomorrow Fund enquiries, please contact: LDCTF@mearie.ca